We are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment for all of our students so they can learn in a relaxed and secure atmosphere. We expect all our students to treat each other with respect and to celebrate difference.
Southchurch High School believes that:
- Bullying is undesirable and unacceptable.
- Bullying is a problem to which solutions can be found.
- Seeking help and openness are regarded as signs of strength not weakness.
- All members of our community will be listened to and taken seriously.
- Everyone has the right to enjoy and achieve in an atmosphere that is free from fear.
- All of us have a responsibility to ensure that we do not abuse or bully others.
- Young people should talk to an adult if they are worried about bullying and have a right to expect that their concerns will be listened to and treated seriously.
- Children and young people should be involved in decision making about matters that concern them.
- We all have a duty to work together to protect vulnerable individuals from bullying and other forms of abuse.
Southchurch High School believes in tackling bullying by encouraging an environment where individuality is celebrated and individuals can develop without fear.