Southchurch High School is a rapidly improving and oversubscribed secondary School. We are looking for committed and passionate individuals to join our team of staff to help ensure our students achieve their potential.
Ofsted say that ‘the School’s programme of training for teachers is thorough and effective. This is an improving School. Standards of teaching and behaviour are improving and as a result so is achievement.’
For further details about the School or any enquiries regarding any of the vacancies below, please email Tracy Smith, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome visits or a telephone conversation and in this regard please contact Tracy Smith on 01702 900777.
The Governing Body is committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued
- the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The Application Form is available to download here in Microsoft Word format.
The Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement is available here.
The Recruitment Privacy Notice is available here.
Assistant Exams Officer
Required as soon as possible
£14,671 to £16,198 actual salary (Point 12 to 17 Essex Scale 6)
Working hours: 8.00 am – 1.30 pm daily
Term time plus 1 week (GCSE Results Week)
We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic administrator to work alongside our Exams Officer to assist with the administration of internal and public examinations, and support in maintaining exam processes in line with JCQ regulations.
Applicants will need to be methodical, efficient, flexible and have excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will have experience of working within a busy office environment, preferably within a school or college environment.
The successful candidate will also be expected to deputise for the Exams Officer in their absence.
Training will be provided as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Working accurately and confidentially, meeting stringent deadlines
- ability to assist in leading a team of invigilators
- good communication skills both oral and written and experience of liaising with a variety of stakeholders
- an ability to work calmly under pressure
- a good standard of education (grade C/4 or equivalent in Maths & English at GSCE level)
Some flexibility around working hours maybe required during busy exam seasons.
This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
This is an exciting time to join Southchurch High School. We are an expanding, oversubscribed secondary School.
Please note the School can only consider completed School Application Forms and not CVs alone.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Monday, 4 July, 2022 (late applications may not be considered)
The School reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
Download the application pack HERE
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by close of play on Wednesday, 6 July, 2022.
Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 13 July, 2022.
The School are looking to recruit Exam Invigilators as soon as possible to work, when required, on a part-time basis and be responsible for overseeing students undertaking the examination process.
Training will be provided.
£9.25 per hour (which includes a sum for statutory leave)
Southchurch High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment health check questionnaire, satisfactory references and probationary period.