Southchurch High School is a rapidly improving and oversubscribed secondary School. We are looking for committed and passionate individuals to join our team of staff to help ensure our students achieve their potential.
Ofsted say that ‘the School’s programme of training for teachers is thorough and effective. This is an improving School. Standards of teaching and behaviour are improving and as a result so is achievement.’
For further details about the School or any enquiries regarding any of the vacancies below, please email Tracy Smith, HR Manager: email@example.com. We welcome visits or a telephone conversation and in this regard please contact Tracy Smith on 01702 900777.
The Governing Body is committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued
- the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement is available here.
The Recruitment Privacy Notice is available here.
Teacher of Food Technology (MPS/UPS)
Position of responsibility may be available for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate
Required from April 2020
Southchurch High School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic Food Technology Teacher to join our committed team of practitioners in delivering a curriculum which informs, transforms and generates a lifelong love of learning.
This post would ideally suit either a Newly Qualified teacher or someone early on in their career. It is essential for candidates to be able to teach Food Technology at KS3 and KS4.
Download an application pack Here
Teacher of Science (MPS/UPS)
Required April 2020
Are you an enthusiastic Science teacher (any specialism considered) looking for new and exciting challenges? If so, Southchurch High School could be your next career move. Due to rapid expansion, we need an outstanding Science teacher to join our committed team of practitioners in delivering a curriculum which informs, transforms and generates a lifelong love of learning.
This post would ideally suit either a Newly Qualified Teacher or someone early on in their career. It is essential for candidates to be able to teach Science at KS3 and KS4.
Southchurch High School is an expanding, oversubscribed secondary school in Southend-on-Sea. The school is very popular and has a waiting list to join. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of teaching well-behaved, enthusiastic and able pupils. You will have the ability, drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to students and young people from the Southend-on-Sea area.
Download an application pack Here
Closing date: Noon, Friday, 31 January, 2020
The School reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
SEND Co-ordinator (any KS3/4 subject specialisation considered)
MPS/UPS + TLR
(Associate Leadership position with relevant salary may be available for the right candidate)
Required April 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to play an important role developing our provision for SEND students from April 2020.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the SEND Department and its future development. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our SEND provision and will lead our highly successful and motivated team of Learning Support Assistants. You will have a desire to raise standards of achievement of students with SEND and increase staff confidence and competence in teaching them to ensure students are able to access the National Curriculum as fully as possible. Southchurch High School provides an excellent environment to develop your specialism.
Applicants are asked to declare on application which subjects they can offer.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and current SEND legislation.
- Ideally be qualified with the National Award for SEND Co-ordinator, or be willing to undertake this.
- Be an outstanding practitioner who inspires your students and colleagues and has an impressive record of impact as a leader.
- Willing to contribute to other areas of school life.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and want to achieve the best that they can.
- An extensive programme of relevant CPD for all staff.
- Working with a committed, hardworking and supportive team with the desire to raise student achievement even further.
- Supportive senior leadership team with an emphasis on staff well-being and free access to external support agencies if needed.
- Very modern facilities, set in acres of grounds, located in a leafy suburb of Southend-on-Sea.
Attendance at offsite meetings is an essential part of this role, therefore, use of own vehicle would be advantageous. Reimbursement for duty mileage will be made as appropriate.
Southchurch High School is an expanding, oversubscribed secondary school in Southend-on-Sea that has good exam results. The school is very popular and has a waiting list to join. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of teaching well-behaved, enthusiastic and able pupils. You will have the ability, drive and enthusiasm to make a difference to students and young people from the Southend-on-Sea area.
Download an Application pack Here
Closing date: Noon, Friday, 31 January 2020, interviews will take place w/c 10 February 2020
Southchurch High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment health check questionnaire, satisfactory references and probationary period.