Southchurch High School is a rapidly improving and oversubscribed secondary School. We are looking for committed and passionate individuals to join our team of staff to help ensure our students achieve their potential.
Ofsted say that ‘the School’s programme of training for teachers is thorough and effective. This is an improving School. Standards of teaching and behaviour are improving and as a result so is achievement.’
For further details about the School or any enquiries regarding any of the vacancies below, please email Tracy Smith, HR Manager: email@example.com. We welcome visits or a telephone conversation and in this regard please contact Tracy Smith on 01702 900777.
The Governing Body is committed to:
- safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, of children and young people
- promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued
- the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share this commitment.
The Recruitment and Selection Policy Statement is available here.
The Recruitment Privacy Notice is available here.
Learning Support Assistant
Required as soon as possible
£12,444 to £13,206 actual annual salary (Point 3-6 Essex Band 2)
30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8.15 am – 3.15 pm) term time only
Our Special Educational Needs (SENDCO) Department, is integral to the ongoing success of the School, and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. We are looking for an excellent LSA to help us to empower our KS3 and KS4 SEN students to fulfil their potential.
Are you a recent graduate? Thinking about teaching but not sure if it is for you? Have you considered becoming a Learning Support Assistant? You will gain practical classroom experience and the opportunity to decide if teaching is the route you want to take. We have proven success stories of LSAs entering teacher training programmes.
The role will involve:
- Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
- Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
- Supporting SEN students in gaining the ability to utilise IT in the classroom;
- Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
- Working with SEN students to foster their development as independent learners.
In order to achieve this you will need to have:
- A good standard of education (Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
- A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
- Excellent organisational skills and competence in common IT applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a good sense of humour.
This is an exciting time to join our school. Southchurch High School is a rapidly improving and oversubscribed secondary School. You will become part of a positive, aspirational and fun team that values the contribution of its LSAs.
Our ethos is focused on ensuring all of our students achieve their full potential. The School’s focus on achievement is the same as at every Partnership Learning School. The atmosphere is disciplined and rigorous but also happy and caring.
Training will be provided and you will be expected to participate in ongoing professional development.
This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
Download the Applicant information pack Here
Closing date: 12.00 pm on Friday, 6 September, 2019 (late applications may not be considered)
Shortlisting will take place on Monday, 9 September, 2019
Interviews to take place on Thursday, 12 September, 2019
Southchurch High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment health check questionnaire, satisfactory references and probationary period.