Christmas Jumper Day – Friday 8th December
In support of Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day, students can wear, in addition to their school uniform, either a Christmas jumper or an accessory such as tinsel, earrings, etc. with a suggested donation of 50p.
Staff will also be joining in by wearing their festive jumpers/accessories.
You Spoke, We Listened.
- We want ARC (Ask, Remind, Consequence) to be more consistent. Student voice said there is a greater consistency with ARC but this will always be at the forefront of our minds and training continues.
- We have increased the time for you to get to lessons; far fewer students are now late.
- You want more educational visits and they are now being planned in abundance.
- We are appointing a Student Principal and forming a Student Council.
- You are taking part in more and more student voice sessions so you can tell us what you think of our school.
- Year 11 wanted Saturday interventions; these are happening at least fortnightly.
- You were concerned about bullying. QR codes are now in place. ‘United Against Bullying’ training has been carried out for staff. Student training is planned for 7 March and parent training for 13 March. The school community will share a common language to identify and combat bullying.
For urgent safeguarding concerns please contact:
Southend Social Care Office hours (Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm) 01702 215007
Emergency Duty Team (Out of hours 365 days a year) 0345 6061212
NSPCC Child Protection Line 0808 800 5000
Child Line 0800 1111