Important Announcement by Ofqual
Ofqual is the official body that oversees all examinations and qualifications in the UK. They have announced that in the very unlikely event that the Summer 2024 exams are disrupted, students will be awarded grades based on teacher assessments.
To support the assessment of the teacher, the school will need to supply the mock exam papers that Year 11 will be sitting in January 2024 to the exam boards.
It is therefore extremely important that Year 11 students take the January mock exams seriously and make their best effort for every exam paper as the mock results could have a bearing on their final grades.
You Spoke, We Listened.
- We want ARC (Ask, Remind, Consequence) to be more consistent. Student voice said there is a greater consistency with ARC but this will always be at the forefront of our minds and training continues.
- We have increased the time for you to get to lessons; far fewer students are now late.
- You want more educational visits and they are now being planned in abundance.
- We are appointing a Student Principal and forming a Student Council.
- You are taking part in more and more student voice sessions so you can tell us what you think of our school.
- Year 11 wanted Saturday interventions; these are happening at least fortnightly.
- You were concerned about bullying. QR codes are now in place. ‘United Against Bullying’ training has been carried out for staff. Student training is planned for 7 March and parent training for 13 March. The school community will share a common language to identify and combat bullying.
For urgent safeguarding concerns please contact:
Southend Social Care Office hours (Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm) 01702 215007
Emergency Duty Team (Out of hours 365 days a year) 0345 6061212
NSPCC Child Protection Line 0808 800 5000
Child Line 0800 1111