The Governing Body believes that teaching and learning should be at the heart of everything that happens at Southchurch High School. In order to facilitate this, behaviour both inside and outside of the classroom must be exemplary at all times. In order to promote outstanding behaviour in all aspects of school life the school adheres to the following principles:
- the school has the highest expectations and aspirations of all its students;
- the importance of publicly celebrating the success of students;
- the promotion of a caring and inclusive ethos whereby all students feel safe;
- the provision of a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment;
- clear and consistent systems to minimise low level disruption in lessons;
- a clear expectation for students to take responsibility for their own actions;
- a close working relationship with parents and carers in order to maximise the achievements and efforts of their child.
Please click here to view our School Behaviour Policy.